Director of Technology
July 1st, 2018 - Present
- Grew the engineering team from 4 employees to 8.
- Increased the revenue generated by the engineering team by nearly a factor of 2.
- Co-led a department of ~20 creative professionals.
- Operated in the capacity of CTO on behalf of several client organizations managing and coaching their teams & building out product roadmaps.
- Recruited, hired, trained, & mentored engineers.
- Participated as a member of the Corporate Leadership Team.
- Engaged in high-level business & financial decision-making across all verticals of the ~$6mil/yr organization.
- Designed & implemented real-time Department KPI's.
- Managed & cultivated high-value client relationships.
- Maintained client relationships through numerous moments of client leadership transition.
- Designed & implemented standardized training practices & onboarding documentation across the organization.
- Oversaw & improved organizational security.
- Implemented ongoing improvements for industry-standard practices & processes (i.e. Kubernetes, Container Orchestration, IaS/Terraform, etc.).
- Ideated, developed, & spearheaded new product offerings & business initiatives.
- Consulted clients through high-level business & technological decisions & transitions.
- Documented project requirements & wrote project proposals.
- Designed & architected numerous distributed cloud-native solutions on behalf of clients.
- Wrote & maintained custom software across multiple platforms & technologies.
- Oversaw the operation & continual improvement of multiple production workloads across multiple clients.
- Provided lean solutions that saved clients hundreds of thousands of dollars (ex. recently reduced the cost of a warehouse automation integration by a factor of over 4).
Software Development Team Lead
November 1st, 2015 - July 1st, 2018
- Continued the same responsibilities held at Lighthouse Catholic Media.
- Assisted in the transition of the newly defined 5 Stones service organization.
- Engaged in & chiefly responsible for requirements documentation & architecture for numerous external clients & projects.
- Participated in the full stack implementation of nearly every project we engaged in.
- Co-led the cultivation of an improved department culture which was critical in the retention & hiring of talent.
- Proposed & led the implementation of a standardized agile Kanban project management method for all agency services (including Marketing & Design).
- Focused heavily on & succeeded in delighting existing clients & maintaining client relationships.
- Consulted with & served new external clients on technical solutions to business problems.
- Delivered numerous projects on time & under budget for clients.
- Positioned our service as the preferred solution for several high value clients by saving at-risk projects on their behalves on numerous occasions.
- Elected to the organizational leadership team & began participating in high-level decisions which cut across every organizational vertical.
Lighthouse Catholic Media (5 Stones)
Software Development Team Lead
July 1st, 2015 - November 1st, 2015
- Supervised & hired the growing engineering team of 4 engineers.
- Communicated & negotiated priorities, timelines, & deliverables with business owners.
- Continued heavy participation in requirements documentation, architecture, & implementation.
- Initiated a full transition to Docker & containerized continuous deployment practices & technologies.
- Worked hands-on in designing, implementing, & maintaining production deployment environments on AWS.
August 1st, 2013 - July 1st, 2015
- Worked as a full stack engineer maintaining & implementing features on a legacy custom eCommerce platform.
- Developed software in Symfony, MySQL & MariaDB, Node.js, jQuery, less, Bootstrap, Twig, & more.
- Participated in product design & requirements documentation for the eCommerce platform.
- Maintained & enhanced systems integrations with the Netsuite.
Software Engineering Intern
February 11th, 2013 - July 12th, 2013
- Developed (as part of a team) a web app that allows users to procure refunds from airlines.
- Worked within a custom client-side MVC framework developed by our team specifically for the project.
- Implemented responsive frontend UI & business logic.
- Honored to be offered full-time employment at the conclusion of my internship.
Social Data Technologies
Software Engineer Contractor
September 1st, 2012 - February 1st, 2013
- Developed a native iOS customer-facing app corresponding to their product offering.
- Integrated the app with both a proprietary API & the Facebook API.
- Worked autonomously, with client interaction when necessary.
Fast Enterprises LLC
Software Engineer Intern
May 1st, 2012 - September 1st, 2012
- Worked with the Montana office to implement features within the Gentax software.
- Interacted closely with the Montana State Department of Revenue.
- Honored to be offered full-time employment at the conclusion of 2 successive summer internships.
Software Engineer Intern
May 1st, 2011 - September 1st, 2011
- Worked on a 4-person team automating the ability for taxpayers to view the status of their tax refund.
- Implemented features within the Gentax software to allow publishing/printing of the 1099Gs & 1099INTs.
- Interacted closely with the Georgia State Department of Revenue.
Academics & Honors
Northern Illinois University
Guest lectured a Graphic Design class on software development and collaboration.
Montana State University
Graduated with honors, Bachelor of Science, Computer Science.
Ruby on Rails,
Activities & Interests
Mechanical Watch Repair,
Pen & Ink Drawing,
Stop Motion Animation,