Director of Technology
October 1st, 2015 - Present
- Grew the engineering team from 2 employees to 8 and revenue from ~$250k/yr to ~$1mil/yr.
- Co-led a department of ~20 creative professionals.
- Recruited, hired, trained, & mentored engineers.
- Participated as a member of the Corporate Leadership Team.
- Engaged in high-level business & financial decision-making across all verticals of the ~$6mil/yr organization.
- Designed & implemented real-time Department KPI's.
- Managed & cultivated high-value client relationships.
- Maintained client relationships through numerous moments of client leadership transition.
- Designed & implemented standardized training practices & onboarding documentation across the organization.
- Oversaw & improved organizational security.
- Implemented ongoing improvements for industry-standard practices & processes (i.e. Kubernetes, Container Orchestration, etc.).
- Ideated, developed, & spearheaded new product offerings & business initiatives.
- Designed & architected numerous distributed cloud-native solutions on behalf of clients.
- Consulted clients through high-level business & technological decisions & transitions.
- Documented project requirements & wrote project proposals.
- Wrote & maintained custom software across multiple platforms & technologies.
Lighthouse Catholic Media
August 1st, 2013 - October 1st, 2015
- Implemented custom software solutions which powered business infrastructure.
- Managed eCommerce implementations.
- Implemented systems integrations with SaaS ERP, WMS, & Accounting softwares.
Software Engineering Intern
February 11th, 2013 - July 1st, 2013
- Developed (as part of a team) a webapp that facilitates the procurement of refunds from airlines for users.
- Worked within a custom client-side MVC framework developed by our team specifically for the project.
- Implemented responsive frontend UI & business logic.
- Honored to be offered full-time employment at the conclusion of my internship.
Social Data Technologies
Software Engineer Contractor
September 1st, 2012 - February 1st, 2013
- Developed a native iOS customer facing app corresponding to their product offering.
- Integrated the app with both a proprietary API & the Facebook API.
- Worked autonomously with client interaction when necessary.
Fast Enterprises LLC
Software Engineering Intern
May 1st, 2011 - September 1st, 2012
- Worked on a 4 person team automating the ability for taxpayers to view the status of their tax refund.
- Implemented features within the Gentax software to allow publishing/printing of the 1099Gs & 1099INTs.
- Interacting closely with the client (the Department of Revenue).
- Honored to be invited to 2 total internships & ultimately offered full-time employment.
Academics & Honors
Northern Illinois University
Guest lectured a Graphic Design class on software development and collaboration.
Montana State University
Graduated with honors, Bachelor of Science, Computer Science.
Ruby on Rails,
Activities & Interests
Mechanical Watch Repair,
Pen & Ink Drawing,
Stop Motion Animation,